Internship Program – Purpose
Rakshak Foundation’s Internship program is a professional development program intended to advance Rakshak Foundation’s goals with the involvement of top university talent and, in turn, provide them with practical learning experience in the area of public policy issues and citizen participation in governance.
Interns are recruited and selected based upon their educational standing, curriculum and potential. The program also allows Rakshak Foundation to inculcate the sense of responsibility and true meaning of a good citizen in the youth of the country by having them work towards real social projects and issues.
The focus of the program is for students to learn about the vast opportunities available for them to make a positive impact with limited time and resources. The program encourages learning from interaction with the fellow interns from different disciplines and backgrounds and from eminent institutes across the country.
Benefits to the Intern
- Provides the students with an opportunity to experience real-world problems to which they must apply fundamental academic and interpersonal skills.
- Identify, cultivate and develop students towards their participation in social issues and public policy
- Links academic program content with the workplace.
- Provides students a rich learning platform to interact and share their ideas and vision with other fellow interns working on diverse projects; get an opportunity to interect with Government officials while researching their projects.
- Provides students with opportunity to be creative in finding innovative solutions to actual problems.
- Motivates students to develop a strong work ethics and achievement orientation with some supervision.
- Introduces students to the roles of nonprofits in their community and beyond.
- Provides them opportunity to recognize their true passions and potential.
- Lets them experience a sense of success and accomplishment, which will enhance their self-esteem and may motivate interest in their academic subjects and activities.
Benefits to Rakshak Foundation
- Cultivate a pool of volunteers who will spare some of their time and energy in carrying forward the good work of the Foundation.
- Some of them would become enthusiastic ambassadors of the Rakshak Foundation who will motivate others to get involved as interns/volunteers.
- Develop relationships with university administrators and faculty members.
- Helps achieve one of our Foundation’s core objective of involvement of Civic Society for improved governance.
- Word of mouth awareness back on the campuses and in their homes by the interns as they share their experiences and achievements.
How to Apply?
The program is available in many institutions/colleges of repute around the country. There are limited number of projects and limited positions available. Duration of program is for from 9 – 12 weeks depending upon the length of the project and availability of the intern.
Please apply by filling the Rakshak Internship Application Form