- All Indian Nationals
- Intern must be a full time student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program of a recognized university or college.
- There is no restriction with respect to the area of specialization
- Internship should not conflict with the intern’s academic program.
- Intern may have full/part time work-experience of less than two years between the UG, PG and/or Doctoral studies but should currently be a full-time student
- There is no restriction with respect to the medium of instruction (English, Hindi, regional language) that the student has been exposed to at the school level. However, she/he should be able to converse, read and write in English given that the medium of instruction at the Rakshak Internship Program is English.
- Intern is expected to have discussed with or to have informed his/her guardians and institution.
- Intern must choose a project that is with in his/her capability to work on and can be carried out without endanger his/her own safety.
Rakshak Internship is a unique program and all our fellows are unique with a high range of diversity. However all of them are driven by some common values such as inquisitiveness, innovation and above all a commitment to “Making Life a better experience for all the citizens”. Here we list down a few high level attributes of our interns in the past years:
- A deep rooted ambition to make an impact and a passion for an idea or issue which could have wider social/business/academic implications
- The humility to believe that he/she needs to learn more and an appreciation of the limitations of his/ her specialised undergraduate degree
- The willingness to think differently and chart a new course
- A demonstrated ability to overcome challenges
- Qualities of integrity, self-awareness, energy, initiative and open mindedness
- An above average academic record
Rakshak Foundation visits select university and college campus across the country for recruitment. Kindly contact the Placement office of your institute for the visit schedule of Rakshak Foundation to your campus. In case your college or university is not visited by Rakshak Foundation, you may write to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an information session on your campus.
Students may apply directly on the website of Rakshak Foundation after December 10th for limited number of positions to be filled in through off-campus recruitments.
Campus Recruitment: Rakshak Foundation operates on a three-tier selection process:
- Resume Screening: The Placement Cell of the institutes forwards the resume of all the interested candidates to the Selection Committee. These resume are then screened and a select few students are invited to fill the internship application form on the website.
- On-Line Application: The students invited to fill the online application form submit a detailed account of their candidature including a writing Sample of 500 words and a Statement of Purpose.
- Video Interview: After carefully assessing the potential and aptitude of the students from their online applications and the relevance of their candidature to the program, a handful of them are invited for the skype interview round. The skype interview is scheduled at a mutually convenient time and typically lasts for 15~20mins.
Only those students whose university/college has not been visited by Rakshak Foundation are eligible to apply in the round. They directly fill the online application form available on the website of Rakshak Foundation and then follow-up with the video interview, subject to being shortlisted.
*Selection in the off-campus recruitment is subject to availability of seats and therefore we strongly advise you to alert Rakshak Foundation to contact your placement cell and organize a campus recruitment drive to better your chances.
Students who make it through the interview into the final list are then allotted projects and mentors. Projects are assigned based on many constraints, considerations, application review, interview review etc. Once assigned mentor and project cannot be changed under any circumstances.
Each applicant will be evaluated on a combination of the following criteria:
- Proficiency in the area of their interest
- Exhibited drive and passion to learn things beyond the prescribed curriculum
- Academic excellence and achievements, both at the school and college level
- Participation and performance in extra-curricular activities
- Demonstrated Leadership and team work abilities
- Performance in interviews
- Potential to benefit from the Rakshak Summer Internship
The program is currently available in a few selected cities and colleges. There are limited number of projects and limited positions available. Duration of program is for from 8 – 10 weeks depending upon the length of the project and availability of the intern. Please apply by filling the
Rakshak Internship Application Form